Priory of Sion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Priory of Sion

Protectors of the Grail

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hello & (Temporary) Goodbye
Preparation for Ulduar? EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 2:34 pm by Paladero

» Can someone give me some reports about PoS status?
Preparation for Ulduar? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:52 pm by [GM]Tagausig

» Sorry PoS but I must leave...
Preparation for Ulduar? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:51 pm by [GM]Tagausig

» be ready POS
Preparation for Ulduar? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 3:34 pm by cmagz

» Damage Necklace for free
Preparation for Ulduar? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 3:29 pm by chrisx

» Goodbye to all.. sorry i dont like irresponsible leaders in our guild
Preparation for Ulduar? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 9:24 pm by Lifendeath

» How are you guys now?
Preparation for Ulduar? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 9:03 pm by [GM]Tagausig

» Check this out
Preparation for Ulduar? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:58 pm by Lifendeath

» Its time for me to move on....
Preparation for Ulduar? EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 2:10 pm by chrisx

Flag Counter
Preparation for Ulduar? Labels=0

Preparation for Ulduar?

Go down 
+8
[GM]Spee
Savanth
[GM]Winterfreeze
cmagz
Lioreigh Savras
Lifendeath
jeffvirtuoso
[GM]Tagausig
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
[GM]Tagausig
Admin
Admin
[GM]Tagausig

Preparation for Ulduar? Empty
PostSubject: Preparation for Ulduar?   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 3:21 pm

Hi guys I would like to inform you incase you dont know Ulduar will be open this coming Feb. 21, 2010.

If bosses are scripted like what in retail then we need a tank that have the following stats.

540 - defense
38-40% dodge
15% parry

Tanking bosses in Ulduar doesn't need too much defense instead we need avoidance tank. The more dodge the better.

We need to prepare at least 2 tanks to make our raid successful.

For those tanks in our guild I hope you can rearrange your stats for ulduar raid.

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
jeffvirtuoso

jeffvirtuoso

PostSubject: Re: Preparation for Ulduar?   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 3:40 pm

My Paladin is getting near on that Tank Category.
it's just, he needed the Tank Chest, Tank Shield and Boots.. haha.
Back to top Go down
Lifendeath
Elite
Elite

PostSubject: Re: Preparation for Ulduar?   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 4:36 pm

Eh I ain't tank material I am more of a DPS.
I guess guild raids don't have to get GS ?
Back to top Go down
[GM]Tagausig
Admin
Admin
[GM]Tagausig

PostSubject: Re: Preparation for Ulduar?   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 5:08 pm

Lifendeath wrote:

During guild raids as much as possible we do not require GS, but not all occasion. Sometimes we need to do some filtering coz some bosses in heroic requires quick kill like ("Pathwerk") in order to be successful. But whenever we do normal raid there should be no GS requirement. Some heroic bosses does not require GS requirement for this we can still invite guildmates with low GS to join guild raid in heroic.

For the player who still have GS below 3800 I suggest for you to join BG and get pvp epic gear when you are free or do some normal naxx to get some gear and reach 3800 cap. For this you can easily join Heroic raids.
Back to top Go down
Lioreigh Savras

Lioreigh Savras

PostSubject: Re: Preparation for Ulduar?   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 5:15 pm

Lifendeath wrote:

^
^
no need (i hope XD)

In my opinion, the GS system is by far, the biggest flaw I've seen in wow... albeit controversial D:

It doesn't give low geared people the chance to prove themselves in raids...
It's a definite no-brainer, as players would dwell on high level items which won't give much benefit on their gameplay (some blues are even better),
It encourages lazy people not to calculate on stats in line with their gear, dwelling only on increasing fallacious 4 digits >.<

I was totally disappointed with what happened today regarding one of our guild members getting kicked from a PUG because of a low GS reported by some douchebag player with all his sucky english:

"kick kick <name of guild member> he is low GS" --> go to hell <.< (checking the raid damage statistics, he was even one of the lowest damagers in the group, whereas others with a lower GS than his rig got bigger damage points... *facepalm* loooool)

hahaha (my apologies, the GS system tends to give me the nerdrage effect...lolz)

anyway, I hope I can join with you guys on the Ulduar raids ^.~ more power to priory! ra ra ra
Preparation for Ulduar? 105
Back to top Go down
[GM]Tagausig
Admin
Admin
[GM]Tagausig

PostSubject: Re: Preparation for Ulduar?   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 5:26 pm

Lioreigh Savras wrote:
Lifendeath wrote:

^
^
no need (i hope XD)

In my opinion, the GS system is by far, the biggest flaw I've seen in wow... albeit controversial D:

It's a definite no-brainer, as players would dwell on high level items which won't give much benefit on their gameplay (some blues are even better),
It encourages lazy people not to calculate on stats in line with their gear, dwelling only on increasing fallacious 4 digits >.<

I was totally disappointed with what happened today regarding one of our guild members getting kicked from a PUG because of a low GS reported by some douchebag player with all his sucky english:

"kick kick <name of guild member> he is low GS" --> go to hell <.< (checking the raid damage statistics, he was even one of the lowest damagers in the group, whereas others with a lower GS than his rig got bigger damage points... *facepalm* loooool)

hahaha (my apologies, the GS system tends to give me the nerdrage effect...lolz)

anyway, I hope I can join with you guys on the Ulduar raids ^.~ more power to priory! ra ra ra

During PUG raids the leader really dont know how good or bad the player that he will invite in his raid. He does not have any gauge if this player will be useful or not especially if the player that he will invite is a healer or dps. GS was invented to help people who usually like doing PUG raid to filter out high gear player to low gear player. Always remember it is better to have noob high gear player than noob low gear player. Simply because at least the high gear player can still do high amount of damage or heal than lower gear player.

GS is actually no bearing during guild raids. This is simply because players are more organized and attentive to listen to the leader and use their limited skills accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Lioreigh Savras

Lioreigh Savras

PostSubject: Re: Preparation for Ulduar?   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 5:43 pm

Point taken kuya tags (forgot about that...lol)

Its just disappointing that some players can be irrational at times to abuse the GS system D:
Back to top Go down
Lifendeath
Elite
Elite

PostSubject: Re: Preparation for Ulduar?   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:35 pm

Well I already have all PvP gear and naxx shoulder and belt.
Also I won the Naxx Mob drop mace.
So now i have 3,6k gs.
Back to top Go down
cmagz
cmagz

PostSubject: tank tank tank   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:50 pm

seriously tanks should have 40% dodge? =)) my DK only has 30% dodge and 29% parry =)) need to change my gems. i have 585 def rate. any suggestions of how i can reach my dodge rating to 40-50%? =))
Back to top Go down
Lifendeath
Elite
Elite

PostSubject: Re: Preparation for Ulduar?   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:27 am

cmagz wrote:
seriously tanks should have 40% dodge? =)) my DK only has 30% dodge and 29% parry =)) need to change my gems. i have 585 def rate. any suggestions of how i can reach my dodge rating to 40-50%? =))
Enchanting ?
Back to top Go down
[GM]Tagausig
Admin
Admin
[GM]Tagausig

PostSubject: Re: Preparation for Ulduar?   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:30 am

cmagz wrote:

There is a way to increase DK's dodge ,since DK is built for dodge tanking.
Make sure you reach 540 def cap, then all of your remaining gem and enchant as agility. then you can reach 40% dodge. you need to sacrifice you HP for dodge.
Back to top Go down
[GM]Winterfreeze
Admin
Admin
[GM]Winterfreeze

PostSubject: hmmmm   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 2:16 am

i think my char hair style is good now on ulduar... thats my preperation on new patch hahaha

Last edited by [GM]Winterfreeze on Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://prioryofsion.forumotion.com
[GM]Tagausig
Admin
Admin
[GM]Tagausig

PostSubject: Re: Preparation for Ulduar?   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 11:38 am

[GM]Winterfreeze wrote:
i think my char hair style is good now on ulduar... thats my preperation on new patch hahaha

lol wint!!!
Back to top Go down
Savanth
Savanth

PostSubject: Re: Preparation for Ulduar?   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 11:46 am

[GM]Tagausig wrote:
Lioreigh Savras wrote:
Lifendeath wrote:

^
^
no need (i hope XD)

During PUG raids the leader really dont know how good or bad the player that he will invite in his raid. He does not have any gauge if this player will be useful or not especially if the player that he will invite is a healer or dps. GS was invented to help people who usually like doing PUG raid to filter out high gear player to low gear player. Always remember it is better to have noob high gear player than noob low gear player. Simply because at least the high gear player can still do high amount of damage or heal than lower gear player.

GS is actually no bearing during guild raids. This is simply because players are more organized and attentive to listen to the leader and use their limited skills accordingly.

Im not sure but this feels like it was me! Smile

I had a party once with members having 4k gs with no brains so we were wipe out 5 times more or less. What was disappointing in that situation actually is that they put out the word that there was no gs minimum required. So I fly my arse!! to naxx just to be kick. Sad(

But then I'm glad we had the guild raid after!! I won 2 cool new items. raised my gs like 200. So now I'm still at 2.7. Coz of my trinkets giving me 26 gear score. eheh Smile

Again!! I speak for all the low gs guys I think.. Thank you for the guild raid!! Smile
Back to top Go down
cmagz
cmagz

PostSubject: Re: Preparation for Ulduar?   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 1:25 pm

[GM]Tagausig wrote:
cmagz wrote:

Make sure you reach 540 def cap, then all of your remaining gem and enchant as agility. then you can reach 40% dodge. you need to sacrifice you HP for dodge.

so what gems should i place? (dodge+stam),(dodge+defrate), or pure defrate?
Back to top Go down
[GM]Spee
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
[GM]Spee

PostSubject: Re: Preparation for Ulduar?   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 1:30 pm

cmagz wrote:
[GM]Tagausig wrote:
cmagz wrote:

Defrate + dodge ang maganda ^^, di na uso kasi stam ngayon... mas maganda kapag def at dodge ang tank...
Back to top Go down
cmagz
cmagz

PostSubject: Re: Preparation for Ulduar?   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 1:41 pm

[quote="[Sub-GM]Spee"]
cmagz wrote:
[GM]Tagausig wrote:
cmagz wrote:

Defrate + dodge ang maganda ^^, di na uso kasi stam ngayon... mas maganda kapag def at dodge ang tank...

okay okay! thanks spee!
Back to top Go down
[GM]Tagausig
Admin
Admin
[GM]Tagausig

PostSubject: Re: Preparation for Ulduar?   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 1:59 pm

cmagz wrote:

Pure agility gem.
Back to top Go down
[GM]Spee
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
[GM]Spee

PostSubject: Re: Preparation for Ulduar?   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 2:07 pm

[GM]Tagausig wrote:
cmagz wrote:

Pure agility gem.

aw pure agi.. hahahha =) dodge tank talga... =)
Back to top Go down
[GM]Winterfreeze
Admin
Admin
[GM]Winterfreeze

PostSubject: lol   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 3:21 pm

[Sub-GM]Spee wrote:
[GM]Tagausig wrote:
cmagz wrote:

Pure agility gem.

Pure agi ako...ako nalang tank Razz
Back to top Go down
https://prioryofsion.forumotion.com
cmagz
cmagz

PostSubject: Re: Preparation for Ulduar?   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 9:55 pm

[GM]Winterfreeze wrote:
[Sub-GM]Spee wrote:
[GM]Tagausig wrote:
cmagz wrote:

Pure agility gem.

Pure agi ako...ako nalang tank Razz

go wint! use your hunter to tank us =))
Back to top Go down
Pwersado

PostSubject: tank   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 2:31 pm

sup? can i tank?^_^
Back to top Go down
Feira
Feira

PostSubject: Re: Preparation for Ulduar?   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 11:24 am

goodluck to all for ulduar 10 man was very hard!!!

thats why my friends and i was starting a EoC farm and daily boss quest for a deadly armors just 45 EoC and above, and if we complete the deadly thing we can start arena's for furious... soo goodluck Laughing

I LOVE PVP Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
chrisx
chrisx

PostSubject: Re: Preparation for Ulduar?   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:28 pm

damn ulduar is so hard Sad
Back to top Go down
[GM]Spee
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
[GM]Spee

PostSubject: Re: Preparation for Ulduar?   Preparation for Ulduar? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 1:57 am

[GM]Tagausig wrote:
Hi guys I would like to inform you incase you dont know Ulduar will be open this coming Feb. 21, 2010.

If bosses are scripted like what in retail then we need a tank that have the following stats.

540 - defense
38-40% dodge
15% parry

Tanking bosses in Ulduar doesn't need too much defense instead we need avoidance tank. The more dodge the better.

We need to prepare at least 2 tanks to make our raid successful.

For those tanks in our guild I hope you can rearrange your stats for ulduar raid.

Thanks Smile

there's a new rev update...... telling that avoidance tanks......parry/dodge/miss/defense etc..... is gonna be ignored....
so we must stop relying on those tanks.... thats what zwerg said.... those capped avoidance... etc..... will die =P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preparation for Ulduar?   Preparation for Ulduar? Empty

Back to top Go down

Preparation for Ulduar?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next